A little personal story about why I sometimes fear Saturday nights


Just another Saturday night in parenting land.
It’s funny, my wife and I always have a tiny sense of dread about Saturday nights. It’s because whenever in the 20-month-history of our son Ayden’s life, he has been sick, teething, went to emergency rooms, or broke legs right before the weekend. And this weekend, yet again, is no different.
He’s running a low grade fever all day. Drinking lots of fluid, he was eating pretty well, and he was watching Caillou all day—listen, ALL DAY! ALL DAY!!! It’s his comfort so mom and dad let it happen. And now, he just fell asleep yet again with a fever running up. 
Motrin/Tylenol and all that stuff is ready for the night. I may turn in early in case he wakes up… then I’ll play Caillou yet again and listen to John B Wells on Coast to Coast AM in one ear. I think he’s talking about destruction coming with planet Nibiru. So while I comfort my son I’ll be scared to death at conspiracy madness 2012. Can’t wait.
Just hope the fever goes away. It may be a long night. But hopefully a long night of sleep. As parents out there may know though, it could also be a long night of AM cries and highs .. Wish us all luck here in the mountains of the coal region….

HISTORY