HIGH PRAISE FOR STEPHEN KING'S 'UNDER THE DOME'

But I don't know if I'm ready to give it the same praise that the 'experts' who get paid to write things gave it..
It felt rushed, it felt choppy, and it felt sloppy.

I know it's a Stephen King made for TV adaption of a book, so the standard is low, but the acting was much less on par when compared to past television events.. So much so that a friend of mine messages me during the show and said he felt like it was the 1990s again. And that's true.. there seemed to be a bad Dawson's Creek feel to the supposed sex scene and eventual relationship gone wrong scenes..

I will admit, I only read about 60% of UNDER THE DOME. I never finished the book because, truly, I got downright bored and confused by the whole event. I knew a dome came down over a town.. and lots of people began to essentially do the worst possible things to each other that they could. I suppose we will begin seeing that in true form over the next twelve weeks of UNDER THE DOME made for TV.. 

Night one wasn't what I expected. Surely I knew it would not be true to the book--and this movie is so far not--but I was expecting some more production value.
The most creative scene was probably a cow being shopped in half.. Let's home the story line over the next few weeks makes up for a less than spectacular television series..

MORE:  Cut by the dome: This clip from UNDER THE DOME and it may make PETA angry.. 




HISTORY