Nicolas Cage hated "Peggy Sue Got Married" but is searching for the Holy Grail

Nicolas Cage hated "Peggy Sue Got Married" but is searching for the Holy Grail:

The Hollywood REPORTER:

“The dinosaur skull was an unfortunate thing, because I did spend $276,000 on that,” he told the magazine’s David Marchese. “I bought it at a legitimate auction and found out it was abducted from Mongolia illegally, and then I had to give it back. Of course it should be awarded to its country of origin. But who knew? Plus, I never got my money back. So that stank.”

But that incident sparked a new interest in the 55-year-old actor: a quest for the Holy Grail.

“I started following mythology and I was finding properties that aligned with that. It was almost like National Treasure,” he said. “It’s like when you build a library. You read a book, and in it there’s a reference to another book, and then you buy that book, and then you attach the references. For me it was all about where was the grail? Is it at Glastonbury? Does it exist?”

He continued, “Yeah, if you go to Glastonbury and go to the Chalice Well, there’s a spring that does taste like blood. I guess it’s really because there’s a lot of iron in the water. But legend had it that in that place was a grail chalice, or two cruets rather, one of blood and one of sweat. But that led to there being talk that people had come to Rhode Island, and they were looking for something as well.”

It may have been the literal search for a while, but Cage came to a conclusion after also trekking through England. “What I ultimately found is: What is the Grail but Earth itself?” he said.



# # #

HISTORY