I received this email about my stories on the Aurora massacre

I received an emailed this morning around 4am from "Steven" somewhere in the world.. A part of it said this:
Please stop giving this killer so much attention. The only people are deserving of it are the victims. I think the more attention holmes gets the more he gets off on it
I agree with the premise of the email. James Holmes is getting a lot of worldwide attention. This site has been reporting on him ... and now here is another post showcasing his name. I also, however, have named the murder victims and given some thoughts on their importance. I believe their stories matter more than this mental case killer who did the midnight massacre during the DARK KNIGHT RISES.

But media as it is.. we know who will get the lump sum of coverage.


In one sense it's fair. He did the killings and now the focus will be on him. The most recent event that was revealed was that he may have used $26,000 in federal college grant money to buy his arsenal. There is also some opposing information that he may have had two roommates. Those initial reports on the roommates seemingly have vanished from stories. We will see where the road takes us.


Christian Bale went to Aurora to visit with the victims. That was nice of him. But at the same time I think the demands that he go were a little ridiculous. He is an actor who plays a character who doesn't exist. BATMAN is fiction. Sure, I am a BATMAN fan and have been for almost my whole life. But I know also that BATMAN isn't the caped crusader. He is a fantasy dreamed up by Bob Kane and capitalized off of from decades of comics, TV shows, and movies.  No one demanded Michael Keaton go to Colorado. Hell, no one demanded Adam West go, either! The fact Bale went, as I said, is a kind gesture. The fact the President went is a great gesture. I'm awfully surprised Mitt Romney hasn't gone.

This post may be a little scattered. It's because 'Steven' from somewhere may not have read back a few days on this site to see that the victims had coverage here. I felt it was important, especially knowing that their names are going to be soon wiped from headlines .. like the sands of time. Replaced by stories of insanity and murder from Holmes.

Please keep reading, nonetheless, Steve. I hope you'll be happy with any of my future words on this and other topics.

HISTORY