We are just living on borrowed time.

I heard this description of life: It’s a bus ride that has no stops. You just keep going faster and faster … the only way out is a crash: Death.
I think that sums up the gravity of the situation we are all in.
Please don’t consider this a negative posting about life. Life is actually quite fun for me right now. I have a 17-month-old little man that is the joy of life.. My wife and I have been forever changed by his existence in our world. I have a wonderful family. Friends who I cherish. We have jobs. We have a roof over our heads.. we have food when we are hungry. And I have an iPhone, and all the other technology that comes with life these days, too.
In the past two weeks I have been to two funerals. I will keep the overly personal information out, and just say that one was for someone who was 95 and a World War II POW. Another was for an uncle who lived to the truly ripe old age of 94. Both were pushing 100 when they met their final resting place. They both had long lives and lots of memories.. they both had stories. We all have stories.
However, I have determined that we have become overly busy with our selfish pleasures of newsfeeds and campaign stats and sports stats and bla bla bla bla bla. Me included.
I have neglected so much in the online world. It has become a habit instead of a pleasure. It went from being a novelty to a way of life. We all have been touched by the net bug.
What is the purpose to all this? Why ask! you know there is no answer. Lots claim to know the truth. Many others ponder it forever. In the end we don’t have a clue.
What happens when we do die!? Again, here.. no word from anyone who did perish. We are left to wonder if near death experiences are really experiences of truth or just brain waves going awry. We are left to question tenets of religion.. question all things.
In the net age we have oodles of knowledge at our fingertips. All we have to do is Google or Bing it or MetaFilter it.. or whatever it. Tons of data if you printed it on paper. But in our paperless society paper doesn’t exist anymore… right? Even though a paper-stack of bills sits next to me that snail mail sent me that was licked by some underpaid secretary …something in the world.
Bits and bytes of data flying around the world at a record pace. And with all this knowledge you’d think by now someone would have found the meaning of life! The closest I know that found something was John Clease in MONTY PYTHON’S THE MEANING OF LIFE.
The information superhighway.. that is what it was once dubbed. Now it’s filled with potholes and dead sites. Where does it all go in the end, though? No where.. bits and bytes go bye bye for us. Our bodies were dust and to dust they return. Despite the big plans we have to strive for big goals, we are cut down by something..whether it’s fate, God, time.. science. Whatever you believe. 
So after this week, with two funerals and a wedding, one can only leave the day with a renewed perspective on this strange place called earth. A new lease on life!? Not a chance…
A constantly expiring lease? Now that is more like it..

HISTORY