Some interesting points of view from comic book artist

"It’s less about conquering all and more about finding a good story for something. The thought about touching every series or every character and every title in the industry isn’t as appealing to me as doing something fun."

On what KICK ASS is:
Kick-Ass is a parody or a farce.  A deconstruction of those stories.  And that’s how people should look at it
On violence in entertainment:
Certain people didn’t like the first one, certain critics hated it.  And certain people liked it.  I honestly can’t control it.  I’ve seen the reviews and its on par with the first film.  I personally enjoyed the second film very much.  It was different.  The first time was like dream land for me.  I had nothing to bounce it off of.  I had higher expectations on the second one and I still enjoyed it immensely.  I have no problem with people concentrating on the violence.  The product had violence going in.  Everybody knew it going in.  If they knew it going in and they’re complaining about it… Okay, then you have the choice of not seeing.  I watched an episode of Criminal Minds last night with my wife, and there were a couple of scenes that had me flinching… on network television.  It’s all a matter of perspective
On what summer movies he saw:
All I’ve seen this summer was Man of Steel and Kick-Ass 2. 

HISTORY