A personal thought.. the meaning of life, NOT the Monty Python version


So I got into a discussion today about the meaning of life with someone, Over a pizza buffet nonetheless. But here is what I concluded.
We ask the wrong questions of ourselves.. and by doing so constantly lead new generations to ask the wrong questions, too.
When you’re young and dumb someone old comes and says those typical words: Why do you want to do when you grow up? A plumber! A reporter! A teacher! 
I think we all know that the vast majority of people don’t live up to the childhood dreams. 
But maybe the premise of the question should be rephrased.. maybe the basis of the question isn’t actually about money and income and the choice of a career… 
Hear me out on this, because you know for a FACT that when you go to parties or functions, one of the first questions you typically get is someone asking you, “So what do you do?” i.e. JOB, INCOME, SALARY! MONEY MONEY MONEY. 
Dollars and dinero. But it all means nothing.

So while I was chowing down today in my pizza buffet food I asked the other person, who right now is jobless, “what do you want to do. REALLY want to do.. like REALLLLYYY want to do?” And I said this question is based on the fictitious scenario where you have everything you wanted, salary and income aren’t an issue, and job title could matter less. Minus all that away.. like, obituary type way, whatdo you want to do…….. in this short life…. ?
Now when I asked this question I did it because I was asking her but at the same time asking myself. I, too, wanted to know what I WANT TO DO IN LIFE, TOO. And out of almost no where, I blurted out, 
I want to protect innocent life. I want to protect all innocence. I really want to
And that is it. I figured out my role in life. It was just that easy. Minus away the nonsense about success. Get rid of that veil that your JOB is something that will matter generations after your once intact skin has turned to dust. And bring in the real question: What do you strive to do in life, what matters to do, and what you WANT TO DO with what matters to you?
Sure, jobs matter in the ‘now.’ And the ‘now’ seems to be where we all live all the time, never looking forward to the future and seldom learning any thing at all from the past.
So I figured it out.. 
Protect innocence.
Now to put that into practicality… that’s the tough one.
So ask yourself.. What do you want to do in life?

HISTORY