Welcome to the new and improved Horror Report

If you are a regular reader here on the Horror Report, you may have noticed some not so subtle changes that took place overnight.

Since the beginning of the Horror Report, back when the site had a dash in the middle in the year 2001, it was updated purely in HTML language. It was FTPed and uploaded for the world to see. Today, we have switched over to a more user friendly blog style format with date stamped posts. Readers will also be able to, if they so choose, comment on postings and links.

I will attempt to ensure that the design, look, and feel of the Horror Report stay the same. While I have been criticized over the years for an ugly black background and terrible red lettering, it's true to form. It's how we began, and it's how I want to stay.

The two best benefits to the new style are these: I can integrate posts onto the Horror Report Twitter feed, and the site now has a user friendly mobile app for readers to get news on the go. I believe the future is mobile, and I hope that this new format allows users to have an easier time finding news on their phones and mobile devices.

The news on here exists because it was uploaded from a sister website I was updating for a few months to get practice at this, Earthinformer.com. All of the news that appears on here was once on there--so don't be confused when you see "earthinformer" in text. It was me. The old archive still exists of the Horror Report, too.

Please stay tuned to this site for more changes, more additional ways to stay up to date with scary news of fiction and non fiction. It honors me to know that you come here to see this little corner of the web.. My hope is never to scare you but educate you about some truly strange, confounding, creepy, and downright scary things taking place on this pale blue dot known as earth--and beyond.

Stay true. 
Don't be scared.
Sincerely,
Bryan Smolock, Editor, HORRORREPORT.COM 

HISTORY